Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Right Sandwich

Well, I'd been searching all over for the best sandwich in town.  Sure enough, it was hiding at a little deli right around the corner all that time.  I'm not even sure what the name of the place is, but it's on Ellis or Eddy at Franklin.  This is it:



This is what they give ya:



A thing of beauty, no?  Please note the strategically aligned opposing twin layers of meat.  I'm not sure that I've ever seen this before.  Another stroke of (in)genius.  Also, note the healthy color of the tomato and especially the leaf lettuce.  This is a hot beef and cheddar sandwich which I noticed the artist adding both mayo and mustard to.  I forget what the excellent bread is called, but the crust is cracked into little sections all over the top.  I'm splitting it up for 2 meals, but it's probably enough for 3 and costs less than most Subway foot-longs.  Morty's makes a very good sandwich as well, and the only place I'd say is even close these folks would be Ike's.  All things sandwich considered, though, this place is the winner. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment