I never get e-mail from Montser--until now. I've been on Monster off and on since before I started getting stalked and harassed by political, corporate, etc. operatives in mid-2009. I think my "field" is listed on Monster as communication and writing. Nowhere in my experience will you find a hint of "technical writing," and certainly not "Knowledge of XML data used in production of MIL-STD-400051 and/or ASD S1000D" or "Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI." Also, as far as I know, I don't qualify for this: "Must have the capability to receive and hold a Top Secret clearance." I guess there must be a glitch in Monster's profile information aggregator because I just got this e-mail out of the blue...
About the Job:
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Technical Editor and Writer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sacramento, CA.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Information Systems Sector supporting the AN/ASQ-230 (ASIP) SIGINT sensors installed on the Global Hawk aircraft that deploys worldwide.
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Conducts quality review of materials.
- Develop end user technical documentation and training materials for the Integrated Logistic Support group using XML editor interface and various graphic/multimedia packages.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- May develop and deliver presentations.
- 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters (may consider experience in leui of degree)
- Knowledge of XML data used in production of MIL-STD-400051 and/or ASD S1000D essential.
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software is key and essential.
- Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI helpful.
- Must be a US citizen and have the capability to receive and hold a Top Secret clearance.